Monday, August 6, 2007

A Cuddly Weekend

Unfortunately, Ethan managed to pick up some sort of stomach virus, which took over his whole weekend. Fortunately (for me, at least) that meant he was in need of extra cuddling and hugging. While I didn't like that he had to be sick, I kind of appreciated having to put everything on hold and just love on him as much as I could this weekend.

We had a lot we wanted to accomplish this weekend, getting ready for Ethan's birthday and all, and we didn't get much any of it done at all, but it was worth it. Holed up on our bed, watching videos and sipping tablespoons of Gatorade in between naps--wasn't too bad (once we got past the puking part anyway).

Ethan is much better today and was thrilled to see his teachers and friends at day care this morning. Dad, on the other hand, is now experiencing the stomach virus first hand. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll miss it this go-around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am glad Ethan is feeling better. Hopefully, Rick will be better in no time! Cute pictures as always!

Emily said...

I've gotta tell you that I secretly enjoy those days when one of the kids are not feeling all that great. Of course, I hate to see them uncomfortable, but I love all of the cuddling and comforting that is involved!