Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Difference between Having a Boy and Having a Girl

So, there are a few differences between having a boy baby and having a girl baby that I've noticed so far:

1. Girl babies do make you sicker. It's not just a myth (at least not for me).
2. Girl babies do steal their Mommy's beauty--that's not a myth either. Greasy hair, breakouts--the boy didn't give me such trouble.
3. Also not a myth--boy babies make you hungrier than girl babies. (This might be a good thing, maybe I won't gain the whole 47 lbs. I did with Ethan this time.)
4. When shopping for items for baby boys you have a lot of choices: animals, trains, cars, etc., etc., etc. in a variety of colors: blue, red, green, orange. When shopping for girl items (and wanting to be feminine, not gender-neutral), you have two choices: pink or purple; butterflies or flowers. While some might argue that there are lots of shades of pink and purple, it is still really only two choices, because soft pink or Pepto pink, it is still pink. You can find other options if you really look, but in the average, standard, Babies R Us-type stores there are very few options.

I'll keep you posted if I figure out any of the other "mysteries of life." :-)

2 comments:

Jules (a.k.a. "Mama") said...

We have moved on to Justice from Babies R Us (for Chloe), and everything there is NEON!

Cris said...

YUCK!