Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Twas the Night Before. . ."

So, here we are, the night before the big day. What started out as a relatively peaceful day of finishing up odds and ends around the house erupted in a flurry of activity when late this afternoon I got a call from the hospital asking if I could possibly be there at 5 a.m. instead of 11 a.m. Apparently some early morning spots opened up and the Dr. (who is on call anyway) wanted to move me up in the day. So, that cut our countdown hours about in half and certainly increased the nerves.

Luckily Grammie and Sir are already here and will be able to come over early tomorrow to be here with Ethan and get him to school before joining us at the hospital. By that time Lucy will be here!!! I don't think reality of that has sunken in for me just yet. I'm trying not to focus on the details of how she's getting here thinking about spinals and surgery is kinda freaking me out these last few days).

Ethan has developed a little cough the last day or two, so we're trying to have a normal bedtime routine here tonight.

Next time I post, we'll be a family of 4!!!!

No comments: