Friday, January 22, 2010

4 Months Old!

Lucy's 4 month stats:
12 lbs. 9 oz. (30th percentile)
25 3/4 inches (90th percentile)
Head circ. 16 inches (50th percentile)




She's 1/2 inch longer than Ethan was at 4 months, but 2 lbs. lighter. Lucy has found her thumb at nighttime (not so much during the day), and that has helped her sleeping tremendously. She usually sleeps about 9 pm to between 6 and 7 am, but every once in a while (like today!) gives us a full 12 hours. She is still more of a cat napper during the day, but has napped longer stretches at daycare, so we're hopeful that will become more of a habit at home too.

She's been at daycare for 2 weeks now, attending just Tues. through Thurs. and staying with me when I work from home on Mondays and Fridays. It has been much harder on me than on her so far. It really is amazing the amount of preparation it now takes to get us out the door in the morning. I'm up daily at 5:30 to pump, wash bottles and pump stuff, pack everything for the day, nurse her when she wakes and get myself showered and ready. We are out the door by 8:15 and I'm getting to work at 9:00. It was my goal to start getting in earlier, but I just don't know that I can get up much earlier than 5:30, so I may just leave earlier in the evenings on Tues.-Thurs. and make up the extra hours on the days I work from home.

Lucy's play area when I'm working from home:




Ethan is still in the running for best big brother ever, helping bathe Lucy, bringing burp cloths, and giving her kisses on the head. He gets extra points for being the first to make her really laugh. He sneezed in the bathtub last night and she just laughed and laughed (until we brought out the video camera of course). Lucy is very close to rolling over from back to tummy, she just needs a little bit more push to get her hips over, so we're looking forward to that any day now (and reminding ourselves not to walk away from the changing table or anywhere else we lay her down).

Lucy has acquired several nicknames around our house:
Lucy Lou
Lu Lu
LuBird
Babycakes
Luey
Lucy Luce
Little Lu
Sweet Pea

I'm sure I'm missing some from that list too.

Here are a few other recent photos of Lucy:


1 comment:

Mrs. Jimenez said...

I just love reading about your sweet blessings!!!