Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mi Bebe! Mi Bebe!

It is after 10 pm and this is what I hear while trying to have a conversation with Rick, "Mi Bebe! Mi Bebe!" What the ???? That's right, it's Ethan, who, since the wonderful spring forward time change, has been in a BAD sleep pattern. Bad for us. Apparently not so bad for him since he keeps doing it. So the nights go something like this:

9:15ish: Mommy: "Night Night Ethan. Sleep Tight. Sweet Dreams. I love you."
Ethan: "Night Night Mommy."

10:00ish: Ethan (who has been talking and mumbling non-stop for the last 45 minutes): "Mi Bebe! Mi Bebe!" This is a line from a Dora episode where a baby bird is lost and Dora returns it to the mother, hence the joyful cry that my son now repeats at high volume long after he should have been asleep.

10:30ish: Ethan: "Mommy! Mommy!" silence. . . "Mommy!" "I hungry again." I ignore him.

11:00ish: Ethan: "Uh Oh! Blue dog! Mommy! Mommy!" etc.
Mommy (or Daddy): "Ethan, it is time to be going to sleep."
Ethan: "Rocking chair? Sing Songs?"
Mommy: "Okay, just for a few minutes." Then a few minutes of singing and rocking and then I say, "Time to get back in your crib."
Ethan: "Mommy rub back?"
Mommy: "Yes, I will."
Ethan: "Yes, I will." So I do for a minute or two. Then. . .
Mommy: "Night Night Ethan. Sleep Tight. Sweet Dreams. I love you."
Ethan: "Night Night Mommy."

If we're lucky there's only about 15 minutes more of babbling before he falls asleep.
Even with waking him at his normal time in the morning, we can't seem to get back into the regular schedule. I hope this ends soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's exactly what I have to with Erica! ;-) Just kidding of course.

Anonymous said...

This, of course, is payback for Ethan being one of only two babies in the free world that went to bed when you laid him down in his crib! (Thank goodness I had the other one!)