Sunday, July 20, 2008

If Only We'd Had the Camera

The Scene: DSW Shoe Warehouse, Saturday, July 19th, 2008 with Grammie and Sir. Sir is looking for tennies. Grammie and Ethan and I are just wandering around.

Ethan had been wanting to pick up almost every red shoe in the place. Then the ultimate opportunity presented itself.

Grammie calls us over to see something. She has strapped on these deep red, stilleto heels. They are actually pretty cute. Ethan is intriqued. I try them on too. They are very sexy and I do my best Project Runway walk up and down the aisle. Ethan keeps telling me to "Try again." He is now more than intrigued.

As soon as I get them off he has taken off his shoes and wants to put on the red stilletos. In his white socks, we help him stand up. And sure enough, he can shuffle along just as well as we could.

So he walks up and down in them too (we got a nice roll of the eyes from a man passing by and one salesgirl lingered around--giving me the impression I shouldn't be letting my 2-year-old walk around in shoes we weren't buying).

I really wish I had a picture, because Grammie and I were giggling really hard and Ethan was just so excited about the red shoes. It was a complete riot.

No comments: