Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Happiness

On Friday night, at 7:30 we left to drive down to Houston (about a 5 hour trip). Ethan was fed and bathed, in his jammies. The idea was that after a video or two, he'd go to sleep for most of the ride. Turned out to be wishful thinking on our part. How could he possibly go to sleep in the car with the moon, stars, other cars, signs, etc. right there for him to look at?! And so, sometime after 11:00 p.m. we again were talking about Mommy being happy.

E: "Are you happy Mommy?"
M: "No, I'm not."
E: "Why aren't you happy Mommy?"
M: "Because you haven't gone to sleep. It is very late; you need to go night night."
E: (Squeezes his eyes shut for a few seconds) "I waked up! Are you happy now Mommy?"
M: "You turkey." (And of course, I was happy, because who couldn't be with such a cute kid?)

1 comment:

Henry said...

What a sweetheart! I'm at the begging my child to sleep phase.I thought babies were supposed to sleep all the time! I have a lot of mom and baby giveaways going on at my blog! Come by some time! http://nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com/2008/10/minimalista-tote-and-gift-certificate.html