Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vanilla Ethan

When I started the car as we were leaving Kids' Place today, "Ice, Ice, Baby" was on the radio. Ethan usually asks for Wiggleworms or Schoolhouse Rocks right away, but he must have liked the beat, because he started listening, and before I know it, "Ice, ice, baby" is echoing from the backseat. After a couple of minutes he asked for Schoolhouse Rock, but then immediately asked again for "Ice baby," but it had already ended on the radio. He probably heard 30 seconds of it, max.

That was cute and funny and I called Rick to tell him about it, but pretty much thought that would be the last of it. Not so fast, Mommy.

Tonight, as I'm singing songs to Ethan before bed, I asked if he wanted "Baby Mine" (from Dumbo, which he's been watching every day for a week). He said, "No! Ice Baby." Uh, okay. So there I was, in the dark, in the rocking chair, sweetly, quietly singing "Ice, ice, baby, dun dun dun da da dun dun" over and over again (because I can't do the lyrics without the song behind me, I get lost). If this becomes a regular thing I might need to do some cramming on the lyrics so I can, "rock the mic like a vandal."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here you go. I would pay good money to see this performance. ;-)