Sunday, November 16, 2008

Expressing His Emotions

Lately I've been hearing Ethan say, "You blocked it!" quite a lot. I'm not completely sure where it came from, but now I know why he's saying it.

Today, at church, during a screaming fit because he wanted Mommy to change him but wanted to do it in the Men's Room. I would neither a) go get Daddy in the middle of the sermon after Ethan had already pitched a fit about wanting Mommy and not Daddy, nor b) take him in the Men's Room:

E: "I want to go in there! Not this one! Not this one!"
M: (Picking E up and taking him to the Ladies Room) "I'm sorry, but Mommy can't go in there."
E: "You blocked it!"
M: "Is that what you say when you're mad at me?"
E: "Yes. It. Is."

Mystery solved.

Update: Could it be that he got this from Charlie Brown and what he is really repeating is "You Blockhead!"? Probably. Guess we should put an end to that one.

No comments: