Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stripes

Ethan has noticed that I have lines on my forehead and that they get more pronounced in certain situations or with certain emotions. Since he's so in tune to people's emotional states lately, he is also paying a lot of attention to what he calls my "stripes."

E: "Are you mad Mommy?"
M: "No, Ethan, I'm not mad."
E: "But you have stripes."
M: "Yes, but I have stripes all the time--when I'm happy (big smile), when I'm thinking hard (furrowed brow). Not just when I'm angry."
E: (smoothing his forehead) "I have stripes too!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I love that he is so perceptive.

When I was skating, my one russian coach, Gorsha, used to say to me in his thick accent, "Relax your eyebrows, Julietta. We want to find intensity without giving you crinkles." :)