Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Negotiator

Ethan has started trying to talk his way out of things, eating his dinner, naps, the usual. He has apparently picked up some of my habits of speech because when he's really trying to talk you into something it goes like this:

M: "No, Ethan, it is nap time. You need to go to sleep."
E: "Here's the thing Mommy. . . ."

He almost never actually tells you what the thing is though, he just stutters around repeating, "Here's the thing."

Last weekend I told him I didn't care what the thing was, he needed to take a nap. To which he retorted: "I LISTENED TO YOUR THING!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mommy: okay, sweetheart, my thing takes priority over your thing right now. so while i will gladly listen to your thing (you have 5 seconds... go!), in the end we are going to do my thing. love you! and did i mention, "because i'm the mommy, that's why".

Cris said...

LOL!